Saturday, November 29, 2008

First Day of Snow!

Technically, first evening of snow. It rained all day, but turned into big, beautiful, bodacious, *snow*flakes. And the snowflakes even stuck! The Christmas lights on our house are shining brighter and there is a hush from the blanketing snow. All is calm, all is bright. We may have gotten an inch. Seth and Rebecca bundled up to go out and play, Rebecca squealing with glee (no other way to describe her joy!) at the fluffy stuff falling on her. The snow may melt tomorrow, but tonight it is magical. Beautiful. Ethereal. When I last looked outside, the snow had stopped, but now there is a soft shrouding fog as the cold air embraces the warm ground. The street lights are wearing halos.

I photographed more of my Moravian stars with a sprinkling of vintage pearl buttons. I glued buttons in the centers of the stars and plan to send these out in cards. This photo would make a lovely card, don't you think?

5 comments:

Jeanie said...

What a beautiful post. I can "see" the snow. (Soon I'll be seeing it in person in my own yard!).

The stars are lovely! Thanks for visiting my blog -- I'll be back visiting after I return from vacation, though I'll be posting from afar. Cheers!

Yolanda said...

These are really pretty. I like them.

Margaret said...

Nathalie wonderful post, you describe this moment so well. We are also expecting snow again this week, I love the moment when I wake in the morning to that special kind of stillness and just know the ground will be white outside. Your stars are fab, I can totally imagine them on a card.

Donna said...

SNOW!! How Fun! And Cold!hahahaa....Stay warm sweetie!hughugs

Linda Jo said...

Yes, that would make a beautiful card! I love those stars, too! And snow! I love snow. I have no snow...I never have snow.