Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Salute to Family


With Thanksgiving just a week away, I have had family a lot on my mind. My mom and siblings all live in other states so it is my in-laws I am closest to. I got a call from my brother-in-law a couple days ago that Thanksgiving will be at their house and Bob Evans is catering it so none of us have to cook. I was a little disappointed, because I love home cooking, but the best part will be to hang with the fam.
I am so thankful for my husband and kids. This year especially. We won't be having a big, extravagant Christmas, like some other years, so I am more sensitive to making it a more personal holiday. And it is starting with Thanksgiving. I am all for small gestures with big meanings this year. Maybe it's a good thing Bob is catering. I won't be in the kitchen fretting over green bean casserole or dinner rolls. I'll be squashed on the couch with my honey and kids as we watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade on TV. A toast to family!

8 comments:

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Very good sentiments dear friend. What is more important than family?
xoxo Nita

Erica said...

I couldn't agree with you more. I am thinking of things to do that don't cost much..or anything, and give us time together. I saw a cute idea w/ dominoes, stamps and ribbon. You stamp a christmas image on the domino, then color in w/ sharpies, then brush diamond glaze over the top. Take double sided tape and run around all of the edges, then press ribbon around, tie a little loopy bow and there you have it! So cute, and so cheap

Ragamuffin Gal said...

HaPPy ThAnKgiVing!!! After reading your post I believe you have the right outlook on the Holidays ~ Hope they are the BeSt ever gal! Blessings! Katie

beth said...

I second that....a toast to family !!!

happy thanksgiving !!!!

Donna said...

Wonderful post sweetie!!! I Agree!hughugs

Margaret said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, let someone else take the strain, sit back and enjoy enjoy!

Shannon (Faith and Chocolate) said...

Hi Nathalie! Thanks for stopping by my blog.. and your post on CPA! I LOVE your blog and your work! I will be adding you to my blog roll... ;) I love your deck card... I can't wait to see them all together. This is my first time to be a part of the deck, but I purchased a leftover 2006 deck from Barbara. It is SO cool. Your daughter is adorable, those cookies look soooooo yummy! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family... many blessings, too!
Hugs,
Shannon

Jeanie said...

I guess the good thing about Bob catering is you can do your own thing in your own space at your own time and just enjoy!!!