Sunday, June 14, 2009

Childhood Memories a la Queen Bees

Our first swap was organized by Carole and were tags about friendship. We had SUCH a great time exchanging art that we went around again. This time a 4 x 6 altered "postcard".

Carole loves fabric so hers is all plush loveliness. She gave us loops for hanging, but left the "hanger" to each of us to figure out ourselves. I came up with a very narrow test tube and filled it with tiny buttons, metallic beads, metal snaps and vintage pearls.
Patty couldn't do 4 x 6s for each of us (back trouble and a million other commitments), but surprised 3 of us with these cuty patooty ATCs. I also had to show you her envelope. Can you believe that chair stamp? Love it!



Linda's was waxed and layered and layered and layered. Like a fabulous paper pastry! YUM!


She loved reading books as a kid so the back of her card had a library book pocket with a personal note.




Margaret grew up in New Zealandand has lived in Switzerland for 20 years (?) now. I love her brother's milk bottle binoculars. Brothers are good for silly displays like that! Margaret looks quite vogue in her dad's fedora! She also created gorgeous posts, on her blog, about each of our cards which you MUST check out-- here.






And then there's me. I literally glued my collage onto vintage postcards for a base and everyone got writing and postage stamps from different countries on the back. I just need to make one clarification about my piece. I was actually born, Nathalie Bakunowicz. My dad later "Americanized" his last name to be slightly more pronounceable. As if! My Australian relatives still spell it the original way. And they pronounce it with the stress on a different syllable. We say tomato, they say tomahto!
Next Queen Bees swap? Because, of course there IS one! A sort of tag book RR made up of unbound pages (bound later when they reach home base).




11 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

What a wonderful array of artwork, you gals really did surprise me each sending me a special postcard! I was able to see Margaret's postcard in entirety by clicking on the slice that's showing. I must get busy on my blog post....where does the time go!!! I must get rolling on our RR too.

Ashlyn said...

I love them!! They are all so wonderful!! You are a lucky woman to be a part of such a great group of artists!!
Hugs, Ashlyn

Margaret said...

Aren't we all just fabulous!!! mega cool interpretation of our theme (if I don't say so myself) I really must get my pics up today!

carole brungar said...

I think we're just way "too cool for school!" Don't they look impressive all together!
carole x

Anna said...

yum yum - oodles of childhood eye candy - y'all are so creative! did you come see my childhood memory post? inspired by your post a few post back..... xo -amt

Linda Jo said...

We ARE too awesome for words!

Linda Jo said...

You need to fix Margaret's link.

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Natalie ~
Haven't you been a busy little bee? I absolutely adore this book! Now I'm off to catch up more with your blog! I have been away for way too long! Blessings, Katie

TonyaA said...

Wow! Such lovely creations here!
Love that Vintage postcard with the little girl on it.
Blessings, peace, and love to you,
~Tonya :)

Le_Vintage said...

oh my goodness so many lovely treats and treasures i can hardly focus on all the beauties! what a whirlwind of creativity. you must have been busy!!!

xoxo
Le Vintage

P.S. I'm having a swap over at my blog, would love it if you would join

Jeanie said...

These are amazing! Love the hanging mechanisms, too!