Saturday, June 6, 2009

Wind Power, Baby!




Go here for a great project for the kids, or to give to friends who need to let their troubles soar away on the wind. A friend had given me four of these kites she made, one for me and three for my kids so we could go play in the park sometime. Instead, I gave three of the kites away as other kids in the park saw my son playing with his and wanted to know where we got such a cool toy. Made me wish I had more to give away. You should have seen these kids play. No battery powered toy would have given such joy!

And the materials aren't expensive. I made two today from kid art, bamboo skewers (wind fall twigs would do!), a cut up plastic trash bag (tail), cereal box cardboard (for winding string on) and that fine crochet thread for making doilies (I have balls of it from the thrift store- NOW I have a reason for buying it!).

So go let your inner child play. And take another child or two with you!

2 comments:

Linda Jo said...

Okay! I'll get right to that....

Margaret said...

very cool! we just need a windy day now!