Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Teacups

Christmas afternoon, when all of the in-laws came over for dinner and the gifta-palooza, I spied this fabulous hamper placed under our tree and thought, "I am so jealous of the person who gets it!"




Ha! Wouldn't you know it, it was for me, from my mother-in-law, who is now infamous for finding the perfect gifts for moi.


(See my Magic Suitcase post for another super Christmas gift from my dear MiL).


Inside the basket were 7, yes 7(!) teacups and saucers (I have 6 pictured) and additonally, she also gave me this wonderful teacup stand. She owns a flea market so doesn't have to look far for the perfect gifts. I had exclaimed over these cups before (they were so reasonabley priced!) but buying for myself is rarely a priority, so I just admired them and let them sit for someone else to buy, little knowing that I would get them for Christmas! The hamper basket and stand were the frosting on an already rich gift. Yum!

So come on over for tea at my house! I'm equipped with cups for a crowd!

Footnote: The art stuff happening in the background of the photo is my oldest daughter customizing a paint box she bought with Chritsmas money. Our dining room table always has something going on! Paint water and beverages share the same space so we have to be careful where we dip a brush! :)

For more Tea Tuesday posts visit Kimmie's blog.
Happy New Year to you!

10 comments:

Lorrie said...

What a pretty teacup collection. What a great MIL! And how fun to always have an art project or two going on the dining room table.

Unknown said...

I just love those kind of surprises! And the comfort that comes with rcvg a gift so meant for you .... Your MIL has taken the time to get to know you and learn about what you love! That is a gift :)

Happy new year! xoxo, kimmie

Yvonne said...

What a wonderful gift. Your MIL sounds special. Love all of them and the stand is great too. Love your comment about "dipping into the wrong thing" at the table. LOL That's because I've done just that. LOL Happy tea day and enjoy your cups.

Ann said...

your dining room table sounds like mine!!
the tea cups and stand are fabulous!!!
love the hamper and suitcases!!
looks like you had a wonderful Christmas!!
thanks for sharing these great photos of your new treasures!!
xoxoxo

Joanna said...

Perfect gift for you, clever M-I-L!!

Wishing you a Happy New Year!

xx

Margaret said...

How wonderful! lucky you, just the perfect pressie! love the stand, fab way to show off those beauties!

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I love this idea ...and aren't you the lucky one to be receiving such a beautiful collection. You are blessed, Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Linda Jo said...

What a great gift! Can't believe it's been a year since the magic suitcase!!! I love Tea Tuesdays....

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful mil! She knows you, and she values you. Not everyone has a mil who knows them well enough to give such a perfect gift. The sets are beautiful. They reflect you, don't you think? :)

~*~Patty S said...

your MIL is a super gift giver...oh so lovely!!!
oxo