Friday, November 12, 2010

Asian Influences

The other day I got out my Asian stash of papers, images, and rubber stamps, plus a few not so Asian things, to fullfill my end of a one-on-one swap with Margaret.
She sent me her ATCs and inchie books in no time.
Me, it's now been two months and I am just now getting around to creating something for her!
And I never did post her lovelies I received
(her envelope is here somewhere!)
It's a wonder Margaret doesn't remove me from her blog roll.
:)
A peek at the ATCs I made her.
The reverse sides are decorated too, but I didn't get pictures before mailing.
Maybe she will show the reverse?
My envelope should be arriving in Switzerland any day now.


Art Chix geisha, rubber stamps and the metal fan is one of a pair of earrings I found at the thrift store for 10 cents!
Other pages have fortune cookie wrappers, parts of Asian business cards, and such.

Margaret sent me two tiny inchie books.
With all of the images and rubber stamps I have, an inch was much too small a canvas, so I opted for a dog tag book (thank you Virginia for sharing your cast offs!)
Now I want to make one for myself!

Maybe after Christmas!


9 comments:

Erica said...

Beautiful! Also the dog tags would make an awesome piece of jewelry. I love it!

Caterina Giglio said...

lovely swap with M!

Linda Jo said...

Lovely is the word!!!

Joanna said...

Love the different styles of your ATC's - and the dog tag book is a great idea, brilliantly done.

x

BadPenny said...

Gorgeous swap

~*~Patty S said...

Swaps are so much fun...lovely one for you two!
I'm sure M thought your creations worth waiting for :)
oxo

margaret said...

me thinks this is a double squeal moment!! I can't believe what arrived in my mailbox this morn!! totally fab packli of Asian gorgeousness, thank you Nathalie, I am sooooo spoilt!! I have the feeling I want to repack it just so I can reopen it again and again and again... thank you dear friend mxx

Jeanie said...

Love it all (lucky Margaret) but I think the dog tag book tops it all!

ooglebloops said...

Love Asian stuff!! That fan you made will make your swap partner very happy!!!