Tuesday, November 2, 2010

No Accounting for Taste

This afternoon I am sipping Earl Grey as I list more lace for sale in my etsy shop,
when I am stopped by a piece I have handled, fondled, tried on, taken off and now am considering again.

It is a tattered and stained bit of nothing that for some unexplained reason I am fascinated by.




Perhaps because I think it gives me a rakish, swashbuckling, bohemian appearance. The look that says, "I can carelessly create fashion from a tattered bit of lace because paying retail for accessories is for the unimaginative."

Then I get embarrassed that I am trying to be something I am not.
I am not a trend setter by any stretch of the imagination.
But around the back roads of Missouri, I just might be.
Ha!

9 comments:

Joanna said...

Looks pretty cool to me. Keep it and wear it, you trend setter, you!

x

That Ha! you do always makes me smile xx

Ashlyn said...

If you like it, keep it! Who cares what anyone else thinks! :)

In case you do care...I think it looks good on ya! ;P

Hugs, Ashlyn

~*~Patty S said...

when I think of you Nathalie I think of you as a woman of the world ... I think your scarf is very stylish indeed! Looks marvelous darlink!
Happy Wednesday!
oxo

Sue@MyArtsDesire said...

Go ahead, wear it Nathalie, shake up Missouri a little! Cute post! It really made me smile because I have a vintage crocheted dresser scarf tied around the neck on my dress form in my art room. I will be borrowing it to wear when the weather gets a little cooler in our parts. Great minds think alike! LOL! Xo, Sue

Linda Jo said...

Silly, silly girl. YOu ARE a trendsetter.... you are just oblivious to it. Wear it. Do NOT sell it or give it away (to me).... although....if you tire of it.....

margaret said...

well I think you look fab, totally inspired!! and if you find you tire of it then give it to me not Lidna as I am of course the collector of your old wearables! (the gals are still ski-ing!!)

carole brungar said...

Ok here comes the lecture... (lol) Never be afraid to let your imagination run riot!! It does'nt hurt to pretend now and again, because at the end of the day you always come back to you :) it's healthy!
If you wanna be swashbuckling or bohemian for a while - JUST DO IT!!!! And have a bit of fun!!
xxx love Mum! ;)

BadPenny said...

Wear it with pride !

Jeanie said...

You, my friend, are whomever you want to be, wherever you want to be it. And for the record, I rather like it!