Saturday, May 25, 2013

Irises


 
Thank God irises bloom, in spite of my lack of attention!
 
 
A corner of our yard is an overgrown, abandoned garden.
It requires bulldozing to clear the area and start again
(no exaggeration)
and somehow we just don't get around to it.
I don't have the ability to operate heavy machinery
 and my husband is never home long enough to get it done.
So again, thank God for irises.
 
 
They add a refined beauty to our corner "wilderness".
**********
I hope you are enjoying your Memorial Day Weekend!
 


6 comments:

Yvonne said...

Irises are lovely flowers and very hardy. My husbands grandmother had them all over her yard, along the fence line, for years.

~*~Patty S said...

Your Irises are lovely and they are reliable and so showy and always welcome!
Thank you for sharing them with us
oxo

Linda Jo said...

Oh these are beautiful! I really love irises!!!

Lorrie said...

Irises bloom without any effort at all. Beautiful!

Caterina Giglio said...

gorgeous!! when does your article come out!! ???

daysease said...

Irises remind me of my mom. she loves them. Happy thought.