Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My Hero!



I am very proud of my husband being a fireman. He doesn't earn a dime rushing to fires or responding to calls for "woman having trouble breathing", but his whole heart is into being a volenteer for our small town's local department. In the two years he has been with the department, the Corder Fire Protection District has become more professional and better trained, because of Sylmon's passion and seriousness for the job.
So this year for his birthday (a week ago today), we had to have a fireman themed party. He invited some of his buddies from the department and we had a backyard barbeque with smoked meat on the grill followed with a firefighter cake chaser. Happy Birthday, Honey!
Footnote: I didn't decorate the cake. It was done by the bakery at Buck's Country Mart in Higginsville. When I picked up the cake, the lady behind the counter said that Sylmon was one of the fireman who came to her house when her stove caught fire (leaking gas line). She was grateful for their fast, professional rescue and told me so. You gotta love small town life!
I AM STILL COLLECTING ENTRIES FOR MY *GLITTER* GIVEAWAY. CHECK OUT MY LAST POST. :)

3 comments:

Donna said...

I leave you alone for 2 seconds, and you're off having Parties!!Hahahaha.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUBBY!!!!
Tell him, even though I don't know him, I'm Proud of him and Very grateful for what he does!! He's a Brave and honorable man....and I thank him!
Night Sweetie!!hughugs

Jeanie said...

Well, happy birthday to him, belatedly! That's a wonderful thing to do -- and the party (and cake) were a great way to celebrate!

Linda Jo said...

wow...a party..... Happy Birthday to your DH!!! Love seeing your house in the background!