While rummaging in my studio (for what, I can't remember), I found this half started piece and decided *now* was the time to complete it. At least a year ago, my Vancouver, Canada friend, Deborah had sent me an envelope of block prints done on dictionary paper and other "odd" papers and I had started to tear and reassemble and then lost steam in the project. Today I noticed the addex (gazelle critter) on one of the dictionary pages so tore it out to add to this composition and then sewed the whole thing down on an old, yellowed greeting card (one of those non-profit solicitation cards you get in the mail). I added a piece of yarn I found on the floor (I hadn't vacuumed yet) and then serendipitiously, something resembling raffia was also laying around within grasp. Both were sewn down. I held the presser foot up a little on my sewing machine so I could float the card around like I was machine quilting. Very freeing!
Voila! A piece of art from the missions field.
Well, it could be.