Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Beautiful Blogs

This Beautiful Blog Award was given to me by Faye. Thank you Faye! In turn, I want to award 7 beautiful blogs that keep me inspired to create and challenged to post more often. Envelope please....

First you MUST visit Margaret of Alice and Camilla. A British expatriot living in Switzerland with her Swiss husband and 2 adorable children. Her life is beautiful to me, even though it may be status quo to her. Her art is fab!

Next is Lorrie of Fabric, Paper Thread. She sews beautifully, creates lovely things with paper and is a tea drinker so is a woman after my own heart. She lives in Vancouver Island, BC and her blog is an oasis of warmth in the Great White North.

You have to visit Bella McBride, another Canadian who knows how to stay warm in style. She is an absolute master with a crochet hook! She is currently posting lovely, quiet snowy views from her windows, along with her latest snuggly creations, so you will want to buy one of her crochet patterns so you can stay warm in style too!

A recent discovery for me is Christine from Extra Sprinkles. I am the first to tell you that I do not decorate shabby chic, but it's girls like her that remind me to take a break from my sepia brown pool and to enjoy a little white painted furniture and *glitter*. Check out her chandelier and tell her she needs pink shades for it!

Go Down Under, past Australia to New Zealand and you will find Carole of Madness and Mess. She quilts like nobody's business and her home is a little piece of paradise. I currently hate her because she as at the beach without me(waaaaaaa!), but I forgive her. I will be able to live vicariously through her photos when she returns.

Next visit Celita of Days Ease in Italy who makes home schooling her brood of children look positively easy (I could not do it with just my 3) and somehow still has time to create the most wonderful paper cut "drawings". She amazes me on many levels. Her life exudes grace and my heart feels lighter from just visiting her blog. Must be the Italian sunshine. :)

Finally I want to award Viv of Hen's Teeth, because her blog was one of those that "had me at hello". She lives "smack bang in the middle of England" and her blog is where she indulges her love of "all things handmade, vintage and the beautiful." Can you say buttons, paper ephemera and embroidery? *sigh*

Now gentle reader, when you visit each girl's blog, tell her I said hello, so she knows the ripple effect of her postings. I can travel the whole world daily in Bloglandia and now you can too. :)

12 comments:

Bella McBride said...

Oh wow! Thank you Nathalie! What a surprise to see my name as one of your recepients for a beautiful blog award! I am in fact at this very moment working on a pattern with the snow falling (once again) outside!
I'm off to check out the other blogs and spread the good news!
Thank you,
Bella

Anna said...

uh-oh! I think I'll be diverted for yet another hour in bloglandia :) what great sites!!! xoxo anna

Shabby Chick said...

Hi Nathaliem thanks so much for visiting my blog and for your lovely comments :)

I've just spent some time reading your gorgeous blog and it's great. So easy to read and you have so much inspiration! Those Moravian (hope I got that right...) stars are amazing, I just read the instructions though and it sounds really tricky but hey I'll have a go! I'll be back!

Mel xxx

Shabby Chick said...

Oops sorry about the M on the end of your name, was meant to be a comma :-S xxx

Christine said...

Nathalie, I'm so happy we are getting to know each other a bit more and I so love your blog. I've been naughty and haven't been able to go blogging much in the past week and a half but seeing my name and blog mentioned on your beautiful blog just perked up my dreary winter day for sure. Now I will be diverted for at least 2 hours going to visit the other blogs you mentioned and make some new blogpals.

Thank you so much!

xoxo,
Christine

hens teeth said...

Hello Nathalie
Congratulations on receiving your award and thank you so much for thinking of my blog. I am so pleased to read such kind words. Thank you.

Margaret said...

Dearest N, you're such a doll!! thank you so much for the award and fab write-up! am honoured! I still have to work out in German how to attach these badges to my Blog! Great set of links and my children blame you entirely for my lack of attention (to them) Mx

Linda Jo said...

Oh, goodie! New blogs for me to check out..well a few anyway...some are already my faves. I can't believe I'm so behind in my blog reading....

Jeanie said...

Well deserved, Nathalie -- I'll look forward to visiting!

daysease said...

Thank you so much, Nathalie! sorry it took so long for me to hop on over... am also trying to figure out how to attach the awards into my blog. did it once, but cannot remember how... sheesh!!! :-) You are so sweet. And, just wanted to let you know that you have been in my thoughts. blessings to you!!!

daysease said...

by the way, I am not a homeschooler entirely, i consider myself a half homeschooler, as i spend so much of my time backing up what my kids DID NOT grasp while they ARE in school. Not so easy being in another country sometimes. :-) but thanks for everything. sorry for the confusion...

Healthcare and IT Professionals said...

Really nice and cool.
I really love it,
Thanks for sharing such a nice material.

Web Design Quote.