Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Mail From a Swiss Miss

An envelope arrived yesterday with a Swiss return address, but an American metered mail sticker. Margaret, it seems, has a personal courier service. A friend coming to the States was willing to take up precious luggage room carrying parcels to mail here. That's friendship!

First a fabulous (absolutely!) German "Just Stamps" magazine. Good thing art needs no translation! Wonderful ideas. I just can't read the instructions. Hee hee. I think I could figure out a few though! Lots of great ideas for photo slide frames (of which I have 3 boxes). I will definitely show you what I come up with.
Then these lovely wax catchers (for drippy candles). I could certainly use some for my candles, but I would prefer to use these gorgeous doilies for halos, collars or skirts for some collaged divas. We have nothing like these beauties in the States (unless I just shop in the wrong places!)
We call these coasters, across the pond they're beer mats. Either way, I hate to collage over them! Makes me think of my one visit to the Hoffbrau Haus (sorry for the butchered spelling) and my first taste of beer as a teen. I have a greater appreciation for it now. ;)

Thank you Margaret for making my day!


4 comments:

Ragamuffin Gal said...

What a good friend you have in Margaret! I just love surprises! Hope your summer is going well! Love and Blessings!
Katie

Margaret said...

A postal opportunity not to be missed, next time it'll be Fondue! I'm just waiting for the Winter! the coasters look fab on your table, perhaps they'd make a nice cover for something!

Jeanie said...

I have a feeling the wax catchers would be a halo in something or other, too! Lovely!

~*~Patty S said...

You've been to the Hofbrau Haus....I was born in Munich ;)
Mail from art friends is always the best!!!