Saturday, January 8, 2011

Belated Thanks

Many moons ago, Jo of Fiddlesnips fame, exclaimed over my rusted suspender clips, but lamented not having the means to purchase a set from my shop. Well, I am not adverse to bartering and suggested a swap. She readily agreed and sent me some of her creative jewels. I never did post what I received, because of lack of time or being distracted with only a million other things going on (I sold A LOT of rusted suspender clips!) But I have always wanted to acknowledge her beautiful art. So here I am now, better late than never...
This postcard sized collage is even more wonderful to hold in person! Lots of layers and textures-- so wonderful to have a piece of something I have only been able to admire on her blog. I love everything she creates!


Give me an "N", give me an "A", give me a "T"...
Give me an inch and I will ask for eight! ha!
Jo also sent me a set of precious inchies (one of her specialties!), one for each letter of my name.
How cool is that?!
Now that I've found these again, I plan to mount them on cardboard and make a wire (or ribbon?) hanger. Too fabulous to have put away!
Thank you, Jo, for a fun swap.
I'm thinking I'd like to do another with you this year!
Only this time I'll make something too.
I got off easy just sending you found objects. :)

5 comments:

femminismo said...

This is wonderful. Thanks for sharing, and your name in "inchies" is very sweet. I like the athlete!

Joanna said...

Oh what a lovely surprise to see these again, Nathalie! Thank you so much for showing my babies on your blog.

I'd LOVE to swap with you this year!

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Beautiful Art from a Beautiful artist. I am not surprised at all that the two of you met and swapped ~ two wonderful people and two wonderful friends. Blessings dear.

~*~Patty S said...

sweet and lovely post Nathalie!
AND such fabulous creations...I have someone new and talented to visit thanks to you two/too ;)
oxo
word verification: cheek
heehee

Jensters said...

How wonderful to have your name in Inchie's Nathalie....so so wonderful....ive visted your shop again x