Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Can't Stifle Inspiration

I am dying to show Patty's whole kipper tin she sent for altering, but don't want to spoil the surprise before she gets it (just mailed it to her today).


I had a whole lot of packing to do yesterday, but what did I do instead?


Made art!


I am lagging behind the rest.


All of the art is "home" except for two pieces from me.


Now I just have Carole's hoop to do.


Hoop to do, hoop to do!


Sounds funny when you say it several times!


heehee.




Okay, back to packing.
My husband came home tonight and is ready to start moving boxes!


Already!


AaaaKccchh!


My studio is not packed up yet and I am terrified that he will just start throwing things into boxes and I will never find anything again.


I am slower and more methodical and he is a "Git 'er done!" type.


I have to work tomorrow, so won't be around to supervise the safe handling of my stuff (I am an uptight micro manager- bet you couldn't guess!)


Deep breaths.


It will all get done in due time.


I just need to take another chill pill.


And maybe sneak in some more art.

5 comments:

Caterina Giglio said...

we are at opposite poles, I am good on packing and I should be making art!

Jill said...

More art more schnapps more art more schnapps more art more schnapps...not quite as much fun to say as hoop to do hoop to do but could be just more fun. Let him pack if he wants to, you'll eventually unpack and everything will be like Christmas and surprises, "oh, I forgot I had this!" "who would have thought this would have been in this box?"

Linda Jo said...

Yes...just relax! It will all be there. I don't think Carole has my hoop yet.....mail to NZ takes a long time.... I can't wait to see your tin!!

Ann said...

sounds like you are feeling better...are you?
making art is very good for the soul!! it will help you face all that packing!

Pretty Ragged Threads said...

Can't wait to see the completed tin. what you have shown is wonderful. You have a great group to swap with.

Jackie