Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!


This morning I am off to my friend Liz's (who doesn't blog)
to show off the beautiful Valentine greetings I got
in the mail and to give her my own hand made offering.
The above Valentine came in the mail from Linda.
I love the bleached crepe paper ruffle!

This craft paper puffy heart also came from Linda.
I love its simplicity and its natural colors (no red!)
Thank you, Linda for your mailed affection!


The Chinese fan  greeting is not Valentine-y at all, 
but I love it just the same because I adore Asian ephemera.
Patty sent it to me.
Thank you, Patty!
I also had the include the Chinese New Year stamp from her envelope 
as well as the slip of paper that explained the fan card.


I stole Linda's ruffled crepe paper idea and made this Valentine for Liz.
The puppies image is from a deck of playing cards I quickly sold out of in my etsy shop.
Although what I have left is only 100dpi (low resolution),
it still prints up okay.
Good enough for a greeting card.
You can get the image from here.
Just scroll down in the post.
************************************
I hope you get some cards in the mail,
some flowers from your honey,
or a surprise from a secret friend.
Happy Valentine's Day!

9 comments:

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

What a beautiful collection of heart felt Valentines...you are so loved!!! Blessings, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Linda Jo said...

Oh glad they got there! You were my Christian Paper Artist valentine...plus my Just Because valentine! hee hee! Happy V Day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you, Nathalie. These are some gorgeous Valentines.

ooglebloops said...

Oh, I am always so behind - never think ahead - NEVER get Valentines out!!! Love the ones you got!!!!!

Jill said...

Sweet surprises for you! I hope you have a great time with your friend. Happy Valentine's Day!

Margaret said...

Aren't we spolit rotten! such wonderful surprises in the post today. The pups are so cute, love the ruffle! Mx

Ann said...

so lovely..every one!!
happy V-Day to you!!!

Anonymous said...

Nathalie,
Thank you for the adorable Valentine...just can't resist asking, though...were you drinking something with a straw when you were crafting away?! I got a straw wrapper in my envelope. LOL!!!

~*~Patty S said...

Such a sweet Valentiney Post Nathalie!

It just so happened that I had two different Japanese fans and immediately thought of you and Margaret...I think I picked them up long ago at The Smithsonian Gift Shoppe.

Feels funny to be dipping my toes back in blogland...it is such a part of my day and I went without for many days while we were in PR

oxo