Monday, October 15, 2007

Autumn

I practically gave this vintage hanky away on ebay, after subtracting my fees from too low an opening bid, but I am hoping the appreciative recipient will not just keep it tucked away in an underwear drawer, like I did, but USE it! Really, doesn't this gorgeous hanky just make you think of blustery days and breathtaking colors in the trees and crunchy leaves under foot and the smell of wood smoke in the air and drinking hot beverages (spiced chai or amaretto coffee)? I love to walk bare headed, but bundled up in a wool sweater and scarf so my hair gets mangled by the wind, my cheeks tingle from the chilly air and yet my body is toasty warm. What stirs your senses at this time of year?


4 comments:

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

The crisp air that blows around me as I walk the dogs. I also love the colors of fall . xo nita

Linda Jo said...

I love to smell a wood burning fire or someone burning leaves somewhere. I also love to walk the dog in falling leaves.

Elizabeth said...

I put some ears of corn in the oven on a low temp with the intention of feeding the dried results to the chipmunks and birds. It smells so good when I open the oven door to check on them!

Also love the colors of fall...

Wanda said...

Lots of things, but the one thing that seems exclusive to October is the sweet, strange, herbal scent of tormentil which I only encounter in the wind out at our cemetery.