Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I'VE BEEN TAGGED!


Me in Junior High circa 1976 and then a photo 12 or so years later where I am hostessing a wedding shower in my lovely antiques and clutter filled first home. Um, er, no current photo available. heehee.

I have been tagged by Nita (thank YOU!). I am supposed to list 7 weird, random, and or interesting facts about myself and then tag 7 other bloggers to do the same.

I will be honest and say that these are mostly reprinted from when I was tagged over a month ago and I was such a new blogger then that I know my dear, loyal, got-me-started-blogging, friend Linda was probably the only one to ever read my list, so I am pulling it out of my archive vault back into daylight!

1. I was born in Louvaine, Belgium. To an American mother and an Australian father.

2. I was a "boat child". Crossed the Atlantic when I was about 1 year old.

3. I married a Thompson, but my maiden name is Bakunovich. Pronounced like it's spelled! The weird thing is, people still ask me how to spell Thompson! With an "h" and a "p"?

4. Weird: I have a dimple in my right hand pinky finger, right under the nail. I've always had it. When I was a kid, I wondered if a doctor had stuck me with a needle when I was born and it healed badly.

5. I have met Martha Stewart, dined with Joan Walsh Anglund, have a picture drawn by Chuck Jones, signatures from Jim Davis, Mr. Rogers, Sam Butcher, Friz Freleng, lunched with Mary Englebreit, and attended workshops with Marjolein Bastin; just to name a few, all while working at Hallmark Cards, Inc. as an artist.

6. I love the lingering smell of marigolds on my hands after I deadhead the spent blooms. Likewise, I also love the smell of tomatoe plants, basil, dill and lavender. Oh, and sage brush! All intoxicating scents to me. (deep breath, exhale) Aaaaaaaaaah.

7. Oh, "interesting": English was not my first language.


Can't wait to read your weird/random/interesting facts!

3 comments:

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Wow! You rock! I want to see the pinkie. I can't believe everyone you have met. That is so amazing. And the sneaky way you posted old pictures.(They are accepted) Marjolein Bastin and Mary Englebreit are two of my favorite artists. I love the smell of marigolds too. I love your list. xoxo Nita

Unknown said...

Wow, thanks! I'll have to post a picture of my pinky for you. heehee

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Nathalie, since I only had 5 people sign up for the blogger trick or treating what do you think about sending little boxes of treats to one another, or just one thing as we planned. Since I planned it, I have a little box of treats for you all. What are your favorite colors? E-mail me if you will or leave me a comment. I will post everyone's site who is participating by tommorow. xoxo Nita