Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Art Lessons

Rebecca and I painted this pumpkin yesterday. Well I painted the pumkin and then showed her how to spatter paint. MISTAKE! Really, WHAT was I thinking? She spattered the coffee table (where we were working) the floor (thank God for hardwood) and would have spattered the dog if Lucy hadn't been outside enjoying the sunny day. Thank goodness it was water color. Rebecca also added the finger painted details. We did 2 more paintings together, then I left her alone and she did one more using nothing but BLACK paint, then spilled the can of water and then we were DONE. The water spill cleaned up the spattered paint. Really, it's a wonder I am a creative person at all because I am SO uptight about messes! LOL

5 comments:

eb said...

oh - I hear you - I lose myself completely in these endeavors - and yet...

love the pumpkin - oh and that cubby down below - and the little tea cup with lady lid - lovelies...

xox - eb.

Cindy Leaders said...

Thanks for the encouragement about my little drawing on my blog! Glad you liked him. :)
Cindy

Donna said...

Thanks for stopping by today! And look at that pumpkin!! Looks professional! Have a great evening.

Linda Jo said...

It doesn't sound to me like you are too uptight about messes...you did LEAVE HER ALONE with the black paint! hahaha Love the painting!

Unknown said...

Maybe I should explain leaving her alone... I HAD to go upstairs and check my email and ebay auctions. lol