Friday, June 24, 2011

CREEPY DOLLS Viewer Discretion Advised

An old friend recently invited me to look at some of her attic treasures in the hopes that I might sell some of it for her. God only knows why some people hold onto some things like these broken, decayed dolls, but some of us are now glad that they did.


If old dolls creep you out, look no further.


If you are fascinated by the beauty of peeling paint and antique doll construction, read on.



No child would play with these now, so I am amazed that these dolls were kept as if some child might want to.


Someday.




The dolls were stored, jumbled together, in a cardboard box in the attic, exposed to extreme heat in the summer and extreme freezing in the winter.


Most of their heads are spilt open.





This doll, although damaged, has her original (very fragile) clothing and is quite beautiful.
She has the kind of face you only see on old church statuary.


Unfortunately, her head is split open.
Fortunately, her fragile bonnet hides the scar.






Then there's the doll my 14 year old said, "Please, Mom, promise me that you'll lock her away so she won't come and kill me in the middle of the night!"




heehee




Old dolls have really gotten a bad reputation.




All of these and more will be available for purchase in my etsy shop.





7 comments:

Joanna said...

Oh those poor little things. The last one really is quite grotesque, and your daughter is quite right to have those concerns!

Maybe they will be loved again, I hope so.

xx

Ann said...

OMG...LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ARE YOU SELLING PHOTOS? ABSOLUTELY PERFECT FOR MY CREEPY PAPER ART DOLLS!!
OH...RIGHT UP MY ALLEY!!!!
XO

ooglebloops said...

Oh, I have to tell Patty to read this post - this little horrors, er, adorable dollies, are RIGHT up her alley!!! I agree with your daughter on that last poor doll!!!!! She's giving me nightmares right now!!!

Margaret said...

agh!! what to say, what to say, the last one really does look like her brains are about to fall out, poor love. I for one will NOT be offering a new home to any of these delightful gals!

~*~Patty S said...

oh my Pat told me I HAD to come visit...couldn't do so until we got back from Blacksburg

What a fantastic assortment of well loved dollies!!! They each have a story to tell and more!

I do think they are fabulous...something has happened to me tho...we went to antique land (S VA) and I was only tempted by some vintage postcards! that hasn't happened in a while...maybe I have lost my shopping gene LOL

great pics ... I have a motley crew of dolls and more rescued from my Mutt's hot hot hot attic sitting on the wicker couch on our back porch right now....muahhahahahaaa!
;)
oxo

carole brungar said...

Creepy is an understatement poor things! Throw away the key I say! LOL

Cindy Leaders said...

I regret watching scary stuff on tv when I was young. I stayed in a friend's daughter's room on a recent visit and she had a doll collection displayed on shelves all around her room. I had to turn every single one around to face the wall and still had to talk really sternly to myself to keep from being afraid.