Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Place to Dream... on Tea Tuesday!

I tried drinking hot tea yesterday and sat there, in my air conditioned house, sweating and melting, like butter in the sun. So today I am drinking Arizona iced Green Tea with Ginseng and it tastes SO good, that I had a hard time pausing between sips to take these pictures (I had to refill my glass once, because it was looking unglamorously empty!)




Do you have a place to read and dream and relax?



I didn't before, but I do now.



My mother-in-law found this narrow day bed at a local estate sale for a ridiculously low price and let me have it, vintage coverlet and all (she buys stuff with no idea of where she's going to put it-- lucky me!)

I have to work on hanging more things on the walls
(a future post).

This cozy corner is in my dining room.
Really.
My dining room is so big, I have room for a day bed and daydreaming.
It's not just for dining any more!



Here's the proof.
So you know I'm not kidding.

For more Tea on Tuesday posts, visit our hostess, Kimmie.






14 comments:

Lorrie said...

It's cool enough that I'm drinking hot tea today. I wish it would warm up.
What a lovely place for dreaming, reading and relaxing.

Jill said...

The room is beautiful!! Those huge windows....!!! Now with all that new space, projects, and kids out of school, I'm glad you are taking time to sit, read, and dream. It's important!

ooglebloops said...

Very homey!!! That daybed fits perfectly under the window!!

Linda Jo said...

We live on iced tea here..... it's the State Drink I do believe! Love your cozy spot.

Jeanie said...

Loving your special "dream" room and the dining room is wonderful! How nice not to have to cram the dining things in with the rest of it all!

Joanna said...

Lots of space in your lovely new dining room. That iced tea looks/sounds delicious.

My place to dream and relax is in our converted loft (attic). We've got a day bed up there and it's so beautifully quiet and calm, with the birds singing on the roof. Problem is I usually fall asleep!

xx

Ann said...

WHAT A LOVELY PLACE TO JUST"BE"!!!
WHEN MY GROWN KIDS AND THE FEMALE GROWN KID'S CHILDREN MOVE,MAYBE I ,TOO,CAN AHVE A PLACE TO "BE" AND DREAM! FOR NOW THE "DREAM OF MY HOUSE TOMYSELF" WILL HAVE TO TAKE PLACE WHEREVER I AM AT THE MOMENT..WHICH,RIGHT NOW,IS AT THE DINING ROOM TABLE!!!
YOUR TEA LOOK SO REFRESHING,AND SO PRETTY ON THE TABLE WITH THAT GREAT LAMP!! i'M HAVING OT COFFEE..I DRINK IT ALL DAY LONG..SADLY,IT NO LONGER HELPS PERK ME UP. I THINK I'M JUST DOOMED TO BE A "TIRED OLD LADY" lol
HUGS!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

And just think. If you have a "clan" drop by, you can pull the day bed up and have ample seating on that side of the table (grin). I DO like that you got everything you wanted in this new house!

Unknown said...

Beautiful big windows in a wonderful big room!! And I love your paint color! That day bed was quite a lucky find! I think you are having fun in your new digs :)

Happy tea day and as always I am so happy to drop on in like this :)

Hugs, Kimmie

~*~Patty S said...

beautiful room with a bit of a Roman feel to it LOL...you can recline a bit after a big meal!

Lucky you, your MIL sounds very thoughtful and generous.

Stay cool jewel!
Happy first day of summer!
oxo

carole brungar said...

Love your daybed, actually I love your nets too!!

Margaret said...

I want to be in your house!! love the narrow daybed, totally fab! Mx

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

That tea sounds yummy! We are inside in the a/c about 10 months out of the year. I'm actually having some lemon, ginseng and ginger hot tea at the moment. Yum! What a great little daybed. Nice place to just relax. Enjoy! Best wishes, Tammy

Ragamuffin Gal said...

I adore your dream bed ~ so perfect! And so is your dining room. One day we must have tea together! Happy Summer Blessings ~ me