Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Bottles of Joy

I made some of these last year to sell at a Christmas bizaar and sold the two sets in no time.

This year's set is a special order for an aquaintence here in town.

I had the bottles chosen and the labels stamped from last year yet, so there wasn't much to completing their assembly.

Yet it took me a whole year to get around to it.

ha!

The bottles are a great way to use up cheap trinkets--

polyester lace, crummy pearls and cheap looking irridescent tulle.

These are last year's bottles in the photo above.

This year my supplies were a bit more limited, so I improvised.

Plastic buttons, a white feather, some cheap lace and even some

yellowed string made their were into the bottles.

The magic is in the faux mica-like flakes I pour in last.

It sticks to the inside of the bottle and gives the contents an ethereal shimmer.

I serioulsy need to make a set for myself.

I make stuff to give or sell away

and all I keep for myself are the photos

and the memories of creating.



6 comments:

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

These are so darn cute...I will try to collect a couple of interesting bottles in the next year! Blessings to you! Peace and JOY! Mary helen

Lorrie said...

This is such a great idea. I know I thought so last year, too. Now I'm going to PIN it so I can find it when I'm ready for it!

Sarah said...

I like these! Something I will definitely have to do...along with a few hundred other things!!

Linda Jo said...

These are great! I do the same thing... I have the pictures....

Joanna said...

They're gorgeous, and you're right - the faux mica flakes add the magic.

x

Margaret said...

Lovely, these on on my 'to do' list for next year!