Linda and Patty got their ornaments done in a timely manner for our QB5 "Junk-le Bell" ornament swap, so I featured them in my December posts here and here.
And here is my glittery offering (finished after Christmas!). I made it using a vintage Christmas light bulb, the cap from a Christmas ornament, faceted glass beads (only "new" item) and old buttons for spacers. I painted the old scratched up bulb with Diamond glaze and sprinkled it with sugary glitter while the glaze was still wet. Next I wound and tied some tinsel fiber (like you use for knitting and crocheting to add *bling* to your project) around the neck of the bulb, making a loop on top to string dental floss through(yes! like you use on your teeth!) so I could add the remaining elements. I used more Diamond Glaze to hold the cap in place (to secure the tinsel fiber in place too!)and to secure the knot on the jump ring at the top. Voila! A sugar plum fairy "on point".
In the next couple days I will post about Margaret's and Carole's Junk-les. :)