Sunday, March 27, 2011

Asian Reveal and a Peek

Wonderful artwork arrived from Patty a few days ago, along with a lot of Asian goodies from her stash! I sent her a round coaster to alter (each of the Queen Bees got the same from me) with the request to do something on the front and simpler on the back. I don't which is the "front", because I think both sides are gorgeous!
This beautiful vintage postcard was among the extras Patty enclosed. I love all of the round shapes in her "one, two, three" design side of my coaster. The bit of blue paper you see is from a paper umbrella I enclosed as inspiration for this swap.
This is the cheese box, I have yet to alter, to hold all of my Asian coasters when they come home.

(No, the coasters won't be used to hold drippy beverages- the art will be strictly to take out and admire!)




And here is a small peek of the art I finished for Linda this weekend. She sent each of us a chipboard house cut-out to alter.


I think I shall tackle a toasted kipper tin next...




You can find the Queen Bee blogs on my side bar.

10 comments:

Joanna said...

Oh WOW, isn't Patty's artwork fantastic?! I love both sides, although I'm particularly attracted to the 1,2,3 side - super image.

Lovin' your little teaser.....

x

Jensters said...

So wonderful....love the colours.

BadPenny said...

How delightful You have been busy Queen Bees !

Jill said...

You'll need to set up a Queen Bee Shrine for all your beautiful pieces!

Linda Jo said...

Ohhhh....I love what Patty did with your coaster! I need to show what she did with my house! Awesome!!!! And the peek at my house...wooHoo!!!! Can't wait! Mail it to me...today! (and I'll mail yours)

Ann said...

all so gorgeous!!!!

~*~Patty S said...

I certainly did enjoy decorating your coaster Nathalie...it was a lesson in discipline to not go off the edges...you'll see what I mean about going off the edges when you see what I did for Linda's house...

Super peek at your house for her...all of the full reveals will be such fun!

oxo
p.s. I am such a fan of the little paper parasols!

Margaret said...

Totally fab coaster from Patty! love the box you have, a perfect place when they all come home!

is that Lidna in the sneek peek? or you?

jill zaheer said...

Beautiful swap Patty. Just love the asian coaster you created and the one sent to you! What a wonderful idea. Staying within the confines of the coaster would have been a hard job for me since i like going outside the lines too! Fun case that you've chosen for them also. Wondering how you will decorate it! Gee, if you don't want them stolen, guess you can keep the cheese box as is and no one would ever guess what gorgeous works of art you have inside! Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your kind comment. You are always so thoughtful and leave a smile on my face!!

Anonymous said...

I was over at Patty S blog and saw the wonderful coaster swap! What a great idea and I love her parasol theme!
So, if you don't mind, I have 'followed' your blog. And lovely it is! It's fun meeting new girls through the web, isn't it? I live in a town of 2000 people and blogging has allowed me to maintain my sanity!
Looking forward to knowing you and your art better.
Hugs,
Jan
Colorado