Thursday, March 11, 2010

Tea is Not Just For Tuesdays

It was SO hard to control myself, but I did.

I took a photo of Judy's tea swap envelope before I ripped into it!

I am sore from patting myself on the back. :)


I should have guessed that the contents would be as adorable as the envelope suggested. Frankly, I was so taken by the wrapping, that I didn't care what was inside! That sounds bad. I am just easy to satisfy. Judy had me at the brown paper and a small peek of red rick rack.
Then I pulled out this custom made tea book. She wrote inside that this was her first ever home made greeting card. Could have fooled me! It's perfect!


Technically, it's a book!
And I see that I am not the only one who keeps silly things like teabag tags-- only Judy has put her collection to use! Love the brown paper pages! She could not have chosen better materials.


And at the back was a pocket packed full of teas I have never tried (selections are SO bad here in NASCARland, where the beverage of choice is cheap Bud Lite in a can or Lipton iced tea).


Thank you SO much Judy (!) for the wonderful keepsake full of teas! I could get used to this!
Do you offer a monthly subscription?
As I am sitting here, composing, I am smelling something. WHAT is it? Anise. Black licorice.
MMmmmmmm.
It's the purple packet. I love anise!
Guess which one I am brewing up first?
It's been a full 2 hours since my last cup of tea.
It's time for another cup.
And thank you, Pat for hosting!
I am so glad I joined. :)

10 comments:

Judy said...

O, Nathalie, you give my humble offering such sweet honor. It is me who thanks you for your kind words and precious post. This swap has been great fun.

Speaking of subscriptions...

Pat is hosting the 2nd tea swap now...there is still time to get in on it, I believe. After the first one, I couldn't resist.

It has been a true pleasure meeting you.

oxo Judy

druga szesnaƛcie said...

oh, you are one lucky girl with this tea treasure...

I just wanted to say hi and let you know that I e-mailed you my address yet again.
please, let me know if it worked.
I so need some Hope... :)

Jeanie said...

That is SO fun -- what a great idea -- I hope no one will mind a little thievery as I prep up something similar for my overstressed tea-loving friend in Cleveland! Great swap!

Linda Jo said...

What a wonderful swap! Love the envelope...the whole thing!

Marlynn said...

I love your wonderful book and what a great and honorable post to your new tea book and teas! Better watch what you ask for - hmmmmm, how many teas can show up in your post office box, Ms. PostMaster.... Let's start counting! *wink* Hugs,

(word verification - nonoo) - that is good!

Laura said...

Oh, a tea swap sounds like such fun!! What a nice packaging job, too!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You are one lucky gal. That was such a fun swap. I so enjoyed seeing what everyone got.

I can almost smell the anise. Yum!

Margaret said...

Superb tea swap packed full of scrummy goodies, love it all!

Caterina Giglio said...

what a fun swap, this is adorable!

~*~Patty S said...

Fab tea treasures and YES packaging is always fun to see!
Enjoy * Enjoy!
oxo