Monday, September 10, 2007

Framed!


I went to the Classic Shop again, on Saturday, this time with the kids and while they rummaged through toys, I noticed the shop's large collection of frames, as if for the first time. I walked away with 2 grocery bags full, whereas the kids were disappointed to only have found one toy each that they were willing to plunk down their coins for (I was amazed!) Because I am notorious for bringing home, "junk", I vowed to myself that I would DO something with my new "treasures" and as it happened, Rebecca fell asleep in the car on the drive home (Divine intervention for sure!)

While Rebecca napped for over an hour and the older kids were self occupied, I got busy with furniture polish, metal fly screening, mini brads and vintage photos and created these 3 gems. I delivered them today to my good friend Liz to sell in her shop. She is getting a table at Higginsville's fall festival this coming weekend and plans to take my pieces along. I hope to make a few more things for her to sell.

No comments: