Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Creative Break While Supposedly Cleaning the House...

While putting away Christmas decor and rearranging my poorly stacked junk in the basement, I ran across this random snapshot of my niece (who was maybe 9 years old in the photo, but is maybe twenty-something now). It fell out of or off of something and looked very sad lying in the basement dirt and dust bunnies. I brushed it off and decided my niece needed to be displayed properly and gifted to her grandmother (my MiL). Never mind that I was abandoning my reorganization project-- like the clutter was going anywhere!

So I cut my niece out, stuck her down on a festive bit of Christmas stationary and sandwiched her into a garage sale frame with a bit of faux mica flakes.
Much better than the over priced, "giftable", shadow frame, whatnot I started with (below).


Back to cleaning and gleaning more junk, er, valuable stuff for repurposing and upcycling.
I have bags and boxes of thrift store and yard sale purchases that are waiting to be rediscovered!
Do you ever buy stuff, bring it home, tuck it into your closet and forget about it?
Please tell me that I am not alone in that habit!

5 comments:

Joanna said...

Love what you've done with the photo of your niece (and that's a super photo, she looks so happy!). I've got crates and crates of stuff destined to be a 'project' - it drives my hubster mad! But one day, just one day, I'll get around to doing something with them.......;0)

Cindy Leaders said...

That's awesome! Maybe the house wasn't transformed, but this is even better! Love it.

~*~Patty S said...

Do I ever...erra umma YAH!!!! bags here and there and everywhere!

I adore what you created with your dear niece's photo Nathalie...really wonderful!
Way more important use of your time than cleaning and straightening...altho it CAN be lots of fun discovering things tucked away!
oxo

Linda Jo said...

Yes, yes, yes! I love the shadowbox frame of your niece. It is sooooooooo adorable! And....why, yes, I think I might have a "few" things tucked away..... hahahahahahaha!

Ragamuffin Gal said...

I am right there with you gal on that one! I applaud you for even making an attempt on it! I love the creative way you mind works and love what you did with the pictures. Blessings to you in the New Year and always my dear! ~ Katie