Monday, December 6, 2010

Ornament Anecdotes: Day 6

I am delighted and amazed when I find a rare treasure like this cottage at my local thrift store.
And for 25 cents!
It was in a plastic baggy with another, more contemporary, less fragile plastic ornament (a heart).
I don't know how someone could part with it.
Or how it survived being tossed into a box with other donated items.
I just found this little gem last week.
It is, as yet, living in my china cabinet.
There is no place like home.
And there is no thrill like rebuilding childhood memories,
one small thrift store purchase at a time!
(My mom had a couple cottages like this one hanging on our tree, when I was a kid.)

3 comments:

Linda Jo said...

I can't believe you found that! Who gets rid of things like that anyway? Love it!

Ragamuffin Gal said...

I love ornaments with stories attached like this one! I hope you come upon many more that just makes your heart sing!
Joyfully yours, katie

carole brungar said...

I love what you did with the photo with this! You're right into xmas aren't you? xx