Sunday, December 19, 2010

Ornament Anecdote: Day 19



Pere Noel. Father Christmas. I think I prefer this earlier image of "Santa Claus" to the cola guzzling, jolly old elf depicted in American advertising later. This is another one of my favorite European blown glass ornaments, probably bought from Halls with my discount. He is the only Father Christmas I have and I am amazed that he has survived all of these years.
Sorry for the blur-- do not adjust your eyes. I am sacrificing focus for better lighting and I don't have a tripod!

3 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

your 'Weinachtsman' sure is handsome and truly speaks Father Christmas to me too!

ho ho ho
fa la la
oxo

Joanna said...

Perfect Father Christmas. He looks so gorgeous I think I will insist on any future photos of me being taken with a slight blur effect, I think it'd make me look much better!

Ho ho ho!

xx

Linda Jo said...

He's beautiful. Blur is good.