Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Ornament Anecdote: Day 15


I had a set of Chinese men ornaments that a friend had sent me for Christmas eight years ago or so. I think I gifted one away, at least one met its death at the hand of a curious child and the third I don't know where he is, but suffice to say, I have one left that hangs on the tree. They were all dressed differently, but all had human hair accents and I just liked them, for some reason. They were so not like any other ornament on my tree.
Last Friday I got a box from Linda containing all kinds of goodies. Not that I do not appreciate her hand made items, but the one piece that stood out to me was the yellow clad Chinese man-- the exact, but smaller, twin to my surviving ornament! She said she found a set of them at an estate sale. What are the odds?! My heart almost burst from the divine serendipity-ness of it all.
Unlike other similar ornaments, these two won't be separated on the tree. I think they deserve a long visit together. A family reunion of sorts. Happy Holidays!

3 comments:

Linda Jo said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe that! And the fact that I selected THAT ONE for you! I knew you'd like the hair! haha I sent the others to Margaret, Carole and Patty...each different! Serendipity for sure!

~*~Patty S said...

Sweet reunion indeed...wait until I show you gals ... I had a similar China man situation...but no human hair involved LOL..your yellow ones are brilliant and how amazing it THAT!
oxo

Margaret said...

As you say what are the odds of that! obviously a long lost brother home for Xmas! I love these so much! They make me want to get out my Asian things and get creating! Fab M